Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update

As stated earlier - this is not a final draft. So I will be going back and editing details from previous episodes as the story in my head develops. Initially when I started, the city I imagined was New York City. As remembered through the eyes of my seven year old self (eight? something small and very young). And honestly, that was the last time I was there. Since most of what I am imagining is just that - what is in my imagination - I decided to change the name of the city so it will not be specifically based on New York City. That way I don't have to worry about the accuracy of city streets, blocks being the right size, stores/shops in the correct location, etc. And I'm not a serious enough writer to have the time or energy in to travel and research. Alas, my life is that of a wedding ring maker yogi. :)

I hadn't necessarily planned on giving notice when I went back and changed any details, but this seemed necessary.

It is also leading in to how the whole background of the story develops, so it will make more sense to be an imaginary quasi New York City. Also a tidbit - New Atlantean City is NOT going to be anything related to Atlanta... if you know me, you probably have a slightly better idea of what I might be thinking, but I'll get to that later.

That's all for today. Lots brewing, so I'm hoping a next episode will be ready in a couple weeks!

til next time
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. enjoying the story so far, have subscribed will keep reading :)

    I have been trying this online novel writing business myself, its rewarding, hope you are having as much fun as I did.

    you can check it out if you like Futurecrash.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I will definitely check yours out! so great you're a metalsmith too! :) love your wind turbine tree!

    ReplyDelete